My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.loveboldly.net
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Piers vs. Kirk - Why They Are Both Wrong

In a CNN interview, Piers Morgan questions Kirk Cameron about Kirk’s stance on gay marriage and the morality/sinfulness of homosexuality.  Watch it here: Piers vs. Kirk

Since I find it profoundly unfair to judge any person based on a two-and-a-half minute snippet of an interview, let’s not make a judgment about either person from this, but instead use it to foster non-threatening questions and dialogue.  I have a couple of problems with this interview, as I do with most interviews of this nature, and I’ll address them in open letter format to both parties in the interview.  If either Kirk or Piers read this and respond, I may pass out.  In this case, the word “may” is defined as “definitely will occur”.  Either way, I think it’s something we can learn from together.  So, to both of you, Piers and Kirk, I say the following:

It’s unclear what the larger context of the conversation was that led into this discussion on the “sinfulness” of homosexuality and the appropriateness of legalizing gay marriage.  Context is important so perhaps there are things that we cannot observe that occurred before and after this very short portion of the interview.  That being said here are my responses to each of you.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW. You are amazing, Heidi!! These are both very well-thought out and excellently articulated responses to both sides. Bravo. I am so proud of you.

Heidi Weaver said...

Thanks "unknown" - aka my dear friend Mel!